New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the word?

Just does here, and some small buck came in and chased them all away at last light. Sat from about 11:00AM until dark. Was a beautiful sit but the wind started picking up and temps dropping right before dusk.

Probably going to be pretty windy and very cold tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Don, cool. More snow coming Friday, no clue how much but I am going into my 'super secret big bucks that never seem to show up' spot tomorrow. Haven't hunted it all year, we'll see how she goes. Will be breezy, hopefully I don't get blown out of the tree! [smirk]

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I got a few pitures of a good buck in this one spot . Me and a buddy hit it a couple times with the bow but really wanted to stay out of that spot till 6 day .

Well sunday we decided to sneak in there and hang our stands . No big deal we both use pole climbing spikes and lock ons .

We hit the trail and it looked like 195 with all the feet and quad tracks . I could not take it . I was pissed since I put so much time scouting it and to have the gun HOE 6 dayers that will give it a solid 3 days at most back there . Stands where every where back there .

I herd a few shots lastnight and this afternoon back that way . Crushes me not knowing if the big boy has went down .

Point was I thought I had me a little honey hole since it is a way back there . They must have came in off of Butterfly RD from the power lines is all I can think .

I will still hit it hard permit shotgun and the rest of bow . Takes me 30 minutes to just walk back there .

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well hopefully you'll get some post season pics of him or some in season pics of him with your hands around his horns. Lesson learned, hunt it hard in bow before the orange army hits the woods! ;)

I hate even going into the spot I'm heading to tomorrow. Tracks in the snow, guys will follow them. I love and hate hunting in the snow.

Haven't heard much from the gun clubs, I think West End was empty and 7 bucks had 4 hanging including a real nice 9 pointer as of this morning. Don't know about Ozark.

If anyone has any updates, please post. So many quiet readers! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts