New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever been to this place?I think I might have the name wrong.They have a commercial on tv.They have indoor archery range and 100 yd shotgun range.There in goshen NY.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
The place is called Davis shooting sports and your right there in Goshen.Nice indoor range I sighted in my shotgun there last week. The range officer was very helpful.If you plan to go I suggest you bring your own hearing( muff type) and eye protection because if you don't have any you have to buy it there to shoot.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I've been there before several times. My brother lives right near there. Wayne is a super knowledgeable hunter and owner of the shop(s). The range is very nice for rifle, but I don't really like their "rules" for the 3D range where you can only shoot one arrow at each target and that is considered your "round" in which you paid. The prior owners I believe charged by the hour and you could shoot as much as you want. I think Wayne's concern is shooting out the targets and the relative cost. But the range is a drawing factor for archers and potential buyers, so the relative cost of operation should be balanced with buyer expectation IMO. But beyond that I think the shop is quite nice. Also they run shooting leagues for kids, both my nephews compete in them.

BTW, keep your eyes open next year for their pre-season sales...they have stuff at absolutely awesome prices! Not sure about their post season sales, but I'd imagine it's equally good.

Here is their website too:

http://www.davisshootingsports.com/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Thanks for the reply.Hard to find a place to shoot indoors there no archery ranges around here any more.I'm in Newton and the nearest for me would be Bordy's in Floram Park.or Targeteers in Saddle Brook. [down]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts