New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy was about to toss 3 heavy duty plastic cutting boards out because he left them sitting since Jan in the garage, never cleaned after cutting up a few deer. i took em and was wondering how i would go about cleaning these things?? whats everyone use on the boards and what would use on these boards sitting out and never cleaned? i normally use hot water and dish detergent but thats right after butchering

·
Registered
17,254 Posts
the best thing you can do is give them to me ,bleach ,if they are not wood soak them in it ,if they are wood scrub w/ it

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
First a bleach soak. Then run 'em through the dishwasher on a full heavy scrub cycle.

The bleach will kill the bacteria, soften up any small bits of tissue in gouges in the plastic, and remove any discoloration that may have occured. The dishwasher will remove the bleach odor/taste and scrub out any of the tiny bits n' pieces that didn't fall off on their own after the bleach.

Depending on how big the boards are you may have just found yourself $200 or so of free butchering equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.