New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions on 2 types of slides for a pistol...

1) Is a custom slide that is bought complete legal in NJ since it has no serial number? if i were to buy this slide from a company my serial number would only be on the frame.

2) if i send my slide to get custom frame cuts (some cuts remove the serial number) is it still legal to conceal carry?

I tried to look for the answer myself online by reading firearm restrictions but i couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
1. Legal
2. Not sure your question. You're removing a serial # from the slide? Serial # is usually on the frame like you said is 1.
Don't worry about conceal carry in NJ, you will NEVER get a permit to carry here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The frame is what is considered the firearm, that is the number put on permits and federal forms. Not all manufacturers put a serial number on slides.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your custom slide is to replace the original one that came with it, yes it's legal.
The serial of concern is on the frame
About the partial removal of numbers do to the customization, it would be misconstrued as Illegal, so remove the whole number and have custom gunsmith relocate it or work around it, or replace entire slide with aftermarket

Dont worry about conceal carry, Murphy and company prefers dead victims over survivors turn the odds around on the perpetrator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts