New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody point me in the right direction as to where i can find crows to hunt in north jersey...it sounds like fun so i wanna give it a try...thanks in advance...

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i think its tues-thurs- sat something like that. Full camo and tuck in the shadows if its a sunny day. Pick up a hand held crow call and an owl hooter. Decoys are good but not neccessary, if you buy decoys and its a sunny day, give them a coat of armor all, faded decoys are a dead give away, crows are smart! Typically after calling for a while a "scout" will come in and survey the area, if he sees decoys or even that nothing is alarming his his buddys usually show up shortly after. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
And don't miss. Crows is the smartest of all birds, and some have even said they are smarter then dolphins, and may be next in line after human and primates.

If you ever get a chance to watch the documentary on crows, do it. They have a language that will tell stories for generations on places not to go, because bad stuff has happened there.

I have never been Crow hunting and the only 'crow hunting' I've ever done was incidental blue jay hunting.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys and girls i appreciate the info...i need some outdoor activities to do till trout fishing starts since i have no yard anymore and no outside chores or projects..i also wanna take my 3.5 yr old daughter to prep her for this spring gobbler season...i gotta make sure she can sit still and be quiet for the hunt...last year while driving home from daycare we saw 2 gobblers out in a field so i pulled over and showed her how to use the box call and the gobblers came within 40 yards of my truck..it was awesome and she still talks about it daily she was so excited...now she has been begging me since last spring to take her with me so im prepping her..thanks all

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
you can pick up an electronic crow call decoy from cabelas for like 30 bucks, put it out in a field and camo yourself real good and let it rip. Its a lot of fun, I do it cause Im board from winter bow till the stripper bite, trout, and turkey comes, plus the coyotes need to eat and get fat. i get all my permits for free so I do it all when I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.