·
Registered
6,056 Posts
why do you need an xbow?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. if this rain keeps up... I won't be able to "zero in" my bow for tomorrow in PA. I don't feel like sticking a deer in the ass.

In PA you can use crossbows during the regular bow season.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
DONT CHEAT!!!!! I hate crossbow hunters, but i'll make an exception for you Kris!! I will be hunting the afternoon in PA tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Kris had bow troubles.

He is looking to get out there, without being unethical and hunting with a weapon he's not sure hits right.

Even though Im not a fan of X-bows in the hands of healthy hunters, I applaud his decision. Like any hardcore bowhunter, he didnt want to switch to a X-bow.

You're making the right decision Kris! [up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
you still have to sight in the x bow.

Dust off the recurve!

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The crossbow that I might use is sighted in at 20 yards. I shot it once before... it took me 1 shot to figure it out.

Although...hopefully this rain stops so that I can "tweak" my bow.

If I dont tweak my bow... what am I going to do? Use my inaccurate bow and stick a deer in the butt? No way.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Good job Drag. Hopefull you will be able to get out and get your bow set for tommorrow looks like the rain may let up.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
KRIS COME ON DOWN WE CAN SHOOT FROM MY GARAGE, YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OUT IN THE RAIN. i'LL BE AROUND LET ME KNOW. THEW OFFER IS THERE.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
It's a little far to come, but I have one you can use. It's my old Horton. 150lb. pull with an aimpoint sight. It will shoot arrow touching groups at 20yds. all day long. It's already sighted in from tree stand level. It's the one I started with in Pa. with my handicap permit.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Bummer and Nightstalker.... but the rain finally let up. So... it looks like I am shooting straight at 20 yards.

Thanks for the offers! I was just flipping out there for a while because I've been waiting all year to hunt PA... tomorrow will be my first time this season.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks.

Early antlerless muzzleloader starts tomorrow in PA... so according to the rules I gotta wear orange while moving... and then hang the orange near my treestand.

Pretty lame since I am on private land and I know we are all gonna be bowhunting. Oh well... thats the rules.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts