New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I am a junior in high school and have been bowhunting since i was 10. I started out with a compound bow, and the only thing i would change to is a recurve unless I was unable to draw a bow and even then i would probably just use a gun. the only difference between a crossbow and a gun to me is the crossbow has less range and is more likely to wound the animal. Ive put in alot of work practicing and tuning my skills and i dont think its fair for someone to just pick up a crossbow and call themselves archers and hunt during archery season unless they are disabled. Im sure other hunters who have put in as much time as i have feel the same.

this junior in high school says it all[up]

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Does everyone have PMS today? Shut up and hunt!
yup your right shut up and use your gun during archery season[rofl]

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Im going to be in the same woods as I have been since I was a kid - first shooting Dad's old Bear, my own bow XI silverhawk, TC Hawken, Remington 870, TC Encore, now a Excalibur Crossbow. Why does it matter what weapon I will use? How does it change anything? Im still out there. Passed my bow test when I was 13. Im now 41. If they pass a spear chucking season, I'll be there. Who cares? Just hunt!

·
Registered
405 Posts
yup your right shut up and use your gun during archery season
At our next secret meeting of the State Brotherhood of crossbow shooters. I'll ask under new business if its OK if we just let you call them that.

It seems to make you feel all good inside and we're ALL FOR THE FEELING GOOD OF FELLOW HUNTERS

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
sshhhh....Fred...what's the first rule of the State Brotherhood of crossbow shooters? Don't talk about the State Brotherhood of crossbow shooters.....

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
crossbow has less range and is more likely to wound the animal
I guess all you god almighty bow hunter neve wound deer you kill them all on the spot. Sound like somebody with a paper as*****

1 - 17 of 17 Posts