New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of broadheads do you gentleman use? What are your like and dislikes about them? Trying to venture out from the muzzy heads but am getting so many mixed reviews.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I've got a Parker Hornet Extreme. The Parker "basic" arrows with Muzzis were inconsistent. However when I bought the Parker Red Hot arrows and the Red Hot blades, I seriously started shooting dime sized groups at 50 yards. From what I read, this works for most crossbows whether they are Parker or not. Now I am pretty sure the broadheads are Montec G5's. Again, from what I see on line, it seems like crossbows are pretty particular to what works with each brand. It definitely seems like the Parker bolts and broadheads have a good reputation for consistency.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
^^^^BTW-Slick Tricks (which I use for my compound) were even worse than the Muzzi's. Go figure. What kind of bow do you have?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up a killer instinct 350 crossbow from bangers down in winslow township. Love everything about it. Fast and going to be deadly. The bolts that came with it were half ass but found Parker bolts that are holding up just perfect. Shooting 100 grain tips right now so will be sticking to 100 for my broadheads.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm gonna guess the G5 or the Parker RedHot Broadheads (same price if not the same broadheads) are going to give you a solid shooting package. Let us know!

BTA- Wanabuck may have some good input, but every time I start reading his posts I see his avatar...and then all I comprehend is "blah, blah, blah, big hooters, blah, blah, blah"! [drinking]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I've been using G5 montecs out of my xbows for years. I've gotten a complete pass thru on every deer I've shot with them and recovered every deer in sight. They don't leave a great blood trail though but, it's been over 20 deer so I'm not switching

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
My Parker x-bow shoots Muzzy 3 blade 100gr at 40 yards it will shoot a Quarter every time. I use the old Gold Tip LazerII arrows. My compound shoots the Muzzy's great too

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Trauma and rampage are good if you shoot 350 fps and under and wanna deal with o rings.I.m shooting faster and moved up to a tougher more reliable non o-ring grim reaper razor cut xbow 125 gr.pack comes with practice head!

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
I'm gonna guess the G5 or the Parker RedHot Broadheads (same price if not the same broadheads) are going to give you a solid shooting package. Let us know!

BTA- Wanabuck may have some good input, but every time I start reading his posts I see his avatar...and then all I comprehend is "blah, blah, blah, big hooters, blah, blah, blah"! [drinking]
Haha I keep hearing this. I guess I won't show my wife off anymore

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Don't be fooled by BH's just because they say "crossbow". Fixed heads are the same no matter how they are labeled. The only difference should be with expanding heads. The means by which the blades are held is supposed to be different. If you are shooting a crossbow that is in excess of 350 fps., you should use crossbow specific expanding BH's so they don't open in flight.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The g5 t3s have done pretty well for me but I did have an issue with one of the blades not opening up. I also tried the nap kill zone 2 inch 2 blade crossbow version. They flew a little different than the t3s but they caused massive damage and painted a great blood trail. I will be using the kill zones again this year.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts