New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im still hunting with a compound- while i can still pull it back .. not against cross-bows, but why are people bragging about getting deer at 40 to 50 yards ????... i shot a cross-bow for the first time at 40yrds and hit right where i was aiming... bragging about a 40 yrd shot with a cross bow is like bragging about 20 yrds with a compound.. i expect the deer kill with bow to go up this year.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Hunting is not about bragging regardless of weapon[down][down] Some guys are more accurate with compound at 40 than some with crossbow. Theres no crying in hunting[cry]

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Whats the point of this thread?
If U want to get your count up just post Nice Deer!,[up],If I didn't have one I'd buy yours![hihi]

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Whats a matter windy is the dog away or did you run out of peanut butter?

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
not against cross-bows, but why are people bragging about getting deer at 40 to 50 yards ????
where are these so called, "long crossbow shot bragging posts" [confusedagain]

Last time I checked it's the hunter that out smarts and kills his pray, not the weapon in his hands.
As for bragging, I don't see any of that on here, most guys are thrilled to share there hunting achievements and field successes with there friends here on NJH with pics and stories of how it all came together for them on that particular day.

Honestly [spy] what I can't figure out is your point in this post, is it a means of trying to knock a fellow hunter for sharing in his hunting success, or maybe some how hope to stir the pot, or are you just bitter or is it perhaps a bit of all three.

On another note, I can just as easily kill an animal out to 40 plus yards with my compound bow, so what's the big deal anyway.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i shot a cross-bow for the first time at 40yrds and hit right where i was aiming
Hitting a target and hitting a deer are not the same, I still hunt with my compound and I hunt with a crossbow, I say give it a try hunting.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
either crossbow or compound, you should only take shots you know you can make. bragging about distance just makes newbies take shots they couldn't. a 20yd shot in thick woods is a lot more difficult than a 40yard shot over a field. imho

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Honestly Im more impressed with some who takes a close shot than a far shot. In my opinion if you can get a Deer within 15 yards with the bow you've outsmarted that Deer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
geeze peanut butter??? really? what a sick $uck that posting was u idiot!!! is that a replacement for ur wife???
just pointing out that less skilll is required to shoot a cross bow- which is more accurate than most hunters with compounds...a scope, less movement, faster, etc. and i know there's a big difference between shooting targets and deer in the woods- been at is for 40years.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Yeah i agree with jr. I had shoulder surgery so it was xbpw or nothing shot my 8 pt this year at 12 yards if I was not limitied I could have made that shot with the bow so deer means just as much. Closer the better

·
Registered
407 Posts
Windy...if you dont approve of crossbow then dont use one, in short...your retarded

·
Registered
432 Posts
just pointing out that less skilll is required to shoot a cross bow-
WOW[eek][eek][eek] Thanks for the great info windy!!!! Welcome to the site, and I hope you can continue to provide us with valuable information for many more years to come [eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts