New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is now posted on the Hunters education website:
Students are encouraged to practice and qualify with the archery equipment type they plan to hunt with, either conventional bow, compound bow or crossbow.
If there was any doubt-this resolves it

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
they shoould have to take it from a much farther distance...my left toe could shoot 3/5 in the vitals from 20 yards lol have them take it from 40 yards or something

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are those tears I see? [rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
they shoould have to take it from a much farther distance...my left toe could shoot 3/5 in the vitals from 20 yards lol have them take it from 40 yards or something
Im 100% against crossbows but that aint fair either. I think they should do the same with compounds...hell anyone can get 3/5 @ 20 yards with a wheelie bow. Hell I can get 5/5 @ 40 yards that still aint a challenge.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
It's my opinion that if they will be hunting with both they should have to test with both and show they can safely handle both weapons. And that's coming from someone that is pro crossbow.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
It's my opinion that if they will be hunting with both they should have to test with both and show they can safely handle both weapons.
I agree...it wouldnt matter if it was 40 yards or 20 yards they just wanna see you can handle them properly. When I took my bow test recently I saw young kids shooting lefty that were righty and bows that were too small. They didnt get 3/5 in vitals more like 1/10 and still passed

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey, now that is a great idea.

Everyone knows that Traditional shooters need more practice.
How does the State know that you are practicing enough each year?

Sounds like you guys would be in favor of a yearly retest for Traditional gear...just to ensure proficiency...right [rofl]

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Hey, now that is a great idea.

Everyone knows that Traditional shooters need more practice.
How does the State know that you are practicing enough each year?

Sounds like you guys would be in favor of a yearly retest for Traditional gear...just to ensure proficiency...right
Ive seen some boys with compounds that have no buisness touching a bow...technology is great but it dont substitute for shitty form and ethics. 1 outta 10 at 10 yards and they say they are good to go hunting. Thats scary!

Hunt with what you like and enjoy the outdoors...

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts