New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday was my Bday so A buddy (Pablo) and I went night fishing for some crappies. we had a great time we probally caught 20 apiece a couple were real slabbers too. I forgot my darn camera I would have liked to take some pictures.
I lost a pole too. I went to the car for a second, Pablo was sitting watching the poles when he said my pole literaly flew off the dock. It was gone in a split second. he said it looks like a striper because of how aggressive the bite was.I guess I'll be shopping for a new rod.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were fishing lake Hopatcong. Using fatheads at night.In the same Marina where I met you Drag. only up a little on a diffrent dock. They also like the Roofus. Fishing at night for crappie really seems to be the ticket. I never thought it would make that much difference but it really does. As soon as that sun goes down the crappie seem to just turn on.

They are a great tasing fish. When my buddy first showed up he had a plate full of crappie fillets that we caught a few nights earlier. He just cooked them before he left to meet me. All he did is squeeze half a lime over them,Let them marinate for a little while then dredged them in a little Adobo and flour,then fried em in a pan with some oil. Just fantastic.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jersey, I heard split Rock had some nice crappie.We fished till 1000 with little lights on our bobers called lunker lights. Its a lot of fun at night.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i like doing midnight fishing at spruce run for hybrids. i fish from the opposite side of the ramp from shore. i mostly use topwater plugs. i even catch a nice largemouth from time to time.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woj a couple of guys fish Brady's bridge at night for hybrids they always catch fish. They usually use herring but have caught them on Rattle traps and big Husky Jerks.

Hmm I think I got the itch to go fishing tonight. This time I'm bringing along the camera.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim ya gotta go out and catch some crappie they are a great tasing fish.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a little update. We went yesterday and slaughtered the Crappie. It was non stop action for 2 1/2 hours. I took some pics I will post them up this evening, I dont understand why my camera takes such blurry pics sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts