New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out this morning to meet some friends for coffee, and while in my truck waiting for it to warm up I noticed there was crack in my windsheild[mad][down]. On the way home yesterday I did hear something hit it, but couldn't find the chip, so just called the repair shop, they are coming here soon, hopefully it can be fixed

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i hear there is a windsheild insurance you can add to your policy. anyone hear of it?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
dude, that sucks. i need to call the repair shop too, except im waiting for someone to hit my truck so i dont have to pay for it....haha

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
That Sucks

I found a crack in mine last week. I will wait until after the spring when the gravel is off the roads to replace mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's under your comprehensive I think.....repair is $60, but if it needs to be replaced then I will go thru my insurance

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I was told $65 to fix a chip in my windshield . Then they got here and told me it would be $125 cause it was hard to get to [down] I think that kid got me for a couple bucks .:D

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think I woulda told the kid, nope you told me $65 thats what I am paying, or see ya. Let him make the trip for nothing.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You broke a windshield with your hand?

Holy cow! Dont tell me! Someone made you angry, your clothes shredded off, and you turned green...

Nice job Hulk, glad to see the anger management classes are paying off.:p:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This sucks......Guy just came, and I didn't realize that crack was as long as it was, so it has to be replaced, hopefully they can do it tomorrow

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
That sucks BHC. Look on the bright side, at least you can afford to replace the windshield.

A friend of mine has been driving around with a windshield that looks like a jigsaw puzzle for almost a year.:D:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A friend of mine has been driving around with a windshield that looks like a jigsaw puzzle for almost a year.
is that friend YOU? tell him to get it fixed or he may get a ticket

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
No its not me.

He knows he can get a ticket. He just cant afford it. He works a good job, but its been a rough year for him. It doesnt help that his wife steals all his money...[down]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
It also doesnt help that he is about as addicted to hunting as anyone could be, and spends no time with her. LOL :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
joe - most insurance companies do it this way
1) if it repairable usually 50-75.00 - submit the bill to the insurance co and they will pay or reimburse you

2) if it is a replacement - then comp ded applies

check with your ins co

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Depending on your vehicle the windshield is $350-$600.

I have a $50 deductible on my comprehinsive so I wouldn't have a problem.

I had a winshield break years ago when I had a $250 deductable. That one cost $350.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well my insurance company called got it set up for me, it will be done between 8am and 12pm tomorrow, coasting me my deductiable $200

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
BHC - Call Safelite's 1-800 # - Tell them you want the shop nearest to you in Lodi. I think they come out of Fairlawn.

Call the shop and tell them that you can go back and forth with them and play the price game with them and Daimond Auto Gl [no swearing please] OR the should just give you their bottomline lowest price...

I've had 5 windshields replaced since I started commuting to Teterboro in 2001 on my fullsize Bronco and none ever cost me more than 179.00 + tax. The guy even comes right to work and replaces the windshield in the parking lot.

They can help you decide whether or not to use your insurance, also. See if they can beat your $200.00 deductible. I bet they can and will!!![up]

http://www.safelite.com/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts