New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today to my spot got there early and set my traps. Today was a steady pic ended up bringing 15 home all over 5 1/2". Could have came home with more than 30 but most of the bigger crab today were female including one that was close to 7" which was hard to throw back but I made up my mind not to keep the ladies. Met a fellow forum guy today Rodandgun. Also the game warden were checking for people keeping shorts. (they caught one guy with 7 and gave him a written warning)

Another sunrise on the bay

Under the bridge

Ready to be steamed

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
nice job on the crabs and great pics [up] you may want to check the date on your camera (I wish it was already Sept 15th)

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
(they caught one guy with 7 and gave him a written warning)
thats bullshit! i see these fools doing it all the time and nothing happens to these people! i say throw the crabs back, take their traps, and fine them.

·
Registered
852 Posts
This time of yr when the females get up to 6 or 7in they are at the end of their life cycle. If they ain't pregneant they won't become pregneant, ya might as well keep them. They won't live to see the winter. The smaller females throw them back. Nice haul for the day. Chris

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts