New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin buddy shot a large coyote in New Jersey and it was tagged from Kentucky. He called the number on the tag and asked where the coyote originated from thinking it migrated east. Well, quite the contrary. He was told that insurance companies are having coyotes stocked in areas where there are a lot of deer hit by cars. The logic behind it (if you can call in logic) is that the coyotes will kill off some of the deer thus causing less accidents involving deer.
1. Think this is really happening?
2. If it is do you think Fish and Wildlife are aware?
3. Think this practice should be legal?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Did he call F&W?

Trappers will be happy. Farmers will not.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
If introduced - it would have to be warranted by F&W and EPA.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
This has been an urban legand for quite some time now. I contacted F&G about a year and a half ago about it and they said that to their knowledge that it's not true,and if it is happening then it is being done illegally.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The Coyote in question was seeing chacing a Greyhound bus and it caught up with it. That is how it got to NJ.:D:D

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh well I don't care,they have to eat too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah I cannot see that as being true, primarily because it is illegal and if it was so easy for this person to find out who was behind it then f&g would or maybe another higher authority would have figured it out by now and poop would have hit the fan. Could you imagine all the lawsuits and investigations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts