New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pack of at least 8 coyotes behind the house last night at 3:30 am. Howling and fighting over something. I am going to have to take a walk up the hill after work and see if they got one of the yearlings....I have been seeing alot of coyote and fox this year..Has anyone ever bagged a coyote with the bow?? I was able to stalk up on one last year, it was a windy day and He was bedded down behind a log and I got within 20 yards but only could see his head. I waited for him to stand but he eventually felt my presence and just jumped up and ran 10 yards and looked back. I didnt have a clear shot but it was one of those experiences you dont forget..

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Never shot one and don't plan on it until they come up with a very good recipe for them ;)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I know you could get a decent $ for the pelt.

If the coyote population continues to escalate we're gonna have some serious problems in NJ.

My friends in Darien Ct have Coyotes in the woods behind their house. They also have two young kids.
I would say the woods is no bigger than Thompson Park.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I don't know the going rate - we used to get $2 from Mepps for squirrel tails and this guy in Red Bank used to give us $3 for Muskrat and $4 for Raccoon.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Fully prime nj coyotes maybe 8 depending on color. Avg NJ fox last year around 10. Coona 4 to 12.00

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I guess an arrowed pelt would be on the low end of the scale.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Zone 2 has seen a lot of yotes over the past few years as well. I think the most I ever saw at once were 4 yotes chasing deer about 3 years ago. However, Since then, there seems to be less of them around but they are certainly in the vicinity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I shot one with the bow 2 years ago in Stokes. Came right under my tree while deer hunting. Gonna do a full mount when I get the time to do some of my own stuff..

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I have a bunch of them on my property. I here them all them time Howling. I have seen them once about 6 of them. This is Zone 2 Lafayette

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Shawn, when are you going to give me a crack at that property. I'll shoot a yote for you. I left you a message on your voice mail by the way.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I got the message I think the next time I can get out will either be Friday or Saturday you are more then welcome to come.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I work the weekend. Maybe next week.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
okay you let me know when.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'm off Tuesday.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Okay I will try to make it that day. I will let you know by weeks end.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
ok

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Shot this one in south Florida...

Don't want to start trouble,I know it may not be some people's trophy standards as debated on previous threads.It weighed about 30-35 lbs.I was told I was doing the farmer a favor down there as he'd been having alot of problems.It responded to my turkey calls and that proved to be a fatal mistake...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts