New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Not to mention rabbits, pheasants, duck,groundhogs, rats, mice, it's any area abundant with game even thugh its a wasteland now.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
great idea, make the area a nature preserve, that will solve the problem [rofl].
preserve the woods, but if available, let the hunters and trappers CONSERVE a viable population of the animals.
preserving just makes an overpopulation of those yotes to the point the town erradicates them eventually.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I live in RP, no trapping allowed here, maybe at Sawmill Creek WMA? There are quite a few yotes running around Bergen County.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BWD, is that because it is county land? As I understand it, if it were state land it would be different. I don't know if the state has any WMA's or state owned property in the Teaneck/RP swamps and marshes.

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
i have seen those yotes before their was a pair of them running around one got smacked by a vehicle and died , the other one is at least 40 pounds so im thinking it was the female that died......

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I live in Ridgefield Park as well. This is very interesting, but not surprising. Just about every animal seen in the state lives in those swamps

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
jerseypete, it's all town (oops it's a "village", don't let the mayor hear you call it a town) land. No hunting or trapping anywhere in Teaneck or RP. The yotes live along the west side of rt 95 in RP, and in the area of Overpeck Golf Course in Teaneck. Hackensack and Maywood have them too in Borg's Woods. Birdshot, check your PMs.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I spent many long days and nights in the wooded areas and swamps around ridgefield park when I worked for the railroad. Only coyote I seen was underneither rt 17 in rochelle park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts