New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbor calls me up and says he saw a coyote in his backyard. Of course I had to go count his beers to see how accurate his vision was. Sure enough, in suberban Cranford, a coyote pup was playing in a small field next to his backyard. Cute little guy too. Then he say it's not the same one he saw yesterday. The police said they have received a number of callls about them but if they don't bother us, we won't bother them. I also made sure I releived him of the remainder of his beers so we don't have any false reports.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
The yotes are everywhere. You neighbor was just lucky enough to see them;)

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
A buddy of mine in Cranford called me last week when he saw one in that town and was shocked. I reminded him that they've had them in Brooklyn a couple of years ago so Cranford is not such a big stretch.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Keep an eye on any small pets and watch leaving food outside, they'll be on your porch before you know it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
We are getting more and more bears in Pompton Lakes. I know the coyotes areound but have not spotted any this year. Last year I kept seeing one and then when I was on 287 I saw him for the last time. Spread out all over the shoulder .........

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
We need to rid NJ of all coyotes. They are a menace and it is just a matter of time before they hurt someone not to mention what they are doing to the deer. I HATE COYOTES

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
supposedly jersey has some of the biggest yotes in the country. i dont mind whacken em for farmers, but what the hell am i going to do with a yote? besides a mount which i cant afford or want.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
anyone ever have them pack up on you? i had them circling me one night, happened to a friend too.
wait... there are no yotes in jersey...the dolphins ate them

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have coyotes in my yard all the time. I have small chihuahuas and because of the bears and coyotes I don't like them outside without someone watching them. We have 40 acres so they are always passing through my yard.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i see coyotes and fox at leas once a week up by me. I dont like the effect they have on the turkey or deer population and will shoot them when i have the chance but you have to respect them as they are very sneak savvy creatures that have a huge population but for the most part stay under the radar, as for poults and fawns and coyotes that is nature my friends.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i see coyotes and fox at leas once a week up by me. I dont like the effect they have on the turkey or deer population and will shoot them when i have the chance but you have to respect them as they are very sneak savvy creatures that have a huge population but for the most part stay under the radar, as for poults and fawns and coyotes that is nature my friends.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Coyotes! Part of the balance of nature.
Nature had nothing to do with reintroduction of coyotes into NJ, some AO conservation folks thought it would be wise to put them back in one of the most built up areas of the country NJ. We don't need coyotes in NJ

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
predator prey and the cycle continues till the end of time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts