New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many coyote taken in Monmouth County, even less with a bow.
A friend got this one while deer hunting a few days back. Amazing how these critters are increasing in heavy populated areas, this one was near Shark River Park. My girlfriend lives in that area,on the Neptune/Wall boarder and they are heard howling quite often at night.

B

·
0 Posts
I hear them howeling all time up where I hunt. Back in 2001 I had 2 of them around me, they kept chassing the deer, I tried to get a shot but they wouldn't stand still. I would say they would be 60/70 lbs. each

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I heard them one morning last January when hunting in a county park over in East Brunswick. I was shocked....I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

B

·
0 Posts
They have been spotted up here in busy Bergen County, Teterboro Airport, Elmwood Park, Ramsey area, and I'm sure the Meadowlands is loaded with them

·
Registered
507 Posts
I saw one over in New Brunswick too...on the campus of Rutgers University right on the side of Rt.18 North
Man, I go to school at Rutgers... Maybe I should hunt for that one... you know, cause it's not a busy area or anything :p

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I here them all the time in the back of my house here in Long Valley...I've seen them while hunting but I never have had a shot.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Nice shot. I missed one this year with the bow. I had one howling last night near my house in Lincoln Park. I have heard them on and off up there.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I have heard from I think from a taxidermist that when you hunt coyotes bring a big garbage bag with a box of flea & tick killer dumped inside. Put the carc [no swearing please] in and "shake & bake" before you handle it.

Thats fine for the bugs, but those things also stink. Maybe put some baking soda in also.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
10/1 thru 11/11, bow only
11/12 thru 2/20, bow & firearm, but need
special winter permit. New regulation, from 1/16 thru 2/20, must be calling and standing, must have calling device in possession
All coyotes must be reported to regional F&W office within 24hrs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts