New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
you have a lot of guys running in the pines.
it looks like big woods and plenty of room, but there are trappers all over in there.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
i know two very good coyote guys in the pines.
was just talking to one at the fur harvesters convention. they are having a lot of trouble with the new guys setting lines on their lines.
there are a lot of trappers in there. you are just not seeing them. some run at night or early morning.
but they are all there because the coyotes numbers are high.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
never ran into a trapper the 20 plus years i hunted there
Yes you have[lol] people are talkin to me all the time but they have no idea what I am doing. starting in a little I will be in 23.

take the trapping course in the spring and you may get some one to show ya. you are better off riding with some one up north see how it is done then imporvise for your area. if you are a couple hours away you will get more info as far as on the line know how from a stranger. If you know a trapper real good you may get on his or her line. if you just want to ask questions on how to, I will talk to ya,(as many on here will like Gob, tine I can't speak for the others) that is as soon as I know you are lagit and not someone trying to gather information to sladder. If you do not have a trapping lic the first thing is go to the course alot of you questions will be answered.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks *******.we have been seeing more coyote during six day and something need to be done about them.Ten years ago we never ran into them and now they are everywhere..we tried hunting them last january but we were unable to located them,we will try again this year..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.