New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out late last night around 10:00 and hit the Mills. Walked north a bit and little west of the gun range. Find a nice little spot with some clearing...mostly from the burn...along a nice thick path, and setup by 10:30. The wind was nice, the moon was bright, and I was feeling good. I let out my first burst, followed quickly by a couple locating rounds. Immediately, I get feedback. A little ways out, but I hold still and start looking.

Nothing. Another round of rabbit calls. Nothing. One more round of rabbit followed by a 3 locating sequence. Nothing.

I had my hopes up, at least I got a call back that was very exciting! I am still a rookie amateur trying to bag my first Coyote. Still bets sitting at home. [drinking]

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Yeah I've been trying lately with no success for coyotes. I did call two fox right to the call though which was neat veven though I couldn't shoot it

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
I have to imagine it came in and inspected, maybe you didn't catch it or maybe it got spooked when you did your second sequence of calling. Who knows, that's what makes it so fun!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I've had them fire back at me in the Mill, but never come within sight...tough there, they're smart and have some great terrain to work around you with.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I did 3 stands the other night with just loc calls last stand got a pack toite up for 10 secs way out then nothing. this sesaon very hard on me for the yotes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts