New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
isn't that idiot going to court today who confronted the ranger ??? i hope they give him the max i think they said up to 5 years, and not let him plea bargan down. these people have to realize their actions aren't going to deter any hunters, or change the courts decision on the hunt. hope they have this hunt yearly even though i have no desire to harvest a bear, i support the hunt 100 percent, the bears need to have a fear of people of which they have none. it's very rare to run into one in pa, usually they are long gone when one hears you approaching. i watched a park ranger shoot one with rubber buck shot only to have the bear continue doing what it was doing, it did not run, he said they are used to it. they did catch one in a culvert trap and take it for a ride to the pequest hatchery grounds

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
nothing is going to happen today - it's just the initial appearances where they say not guilty and the judge sets a future date - which may or may not be put off for a while once the anti's lawyers file some motions

in the end those guys are going to get a slap on the wrist instead of any jail time - most likely they are first time offenders or because of the non-violent nature of their offence they will probably be given a chance to enter the first time offender program where your charges are dismissed if you stay out of trouble for a while

1 - 2 of 2 Posts