1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Court OKs Monday start for bear hunt
Activists fail in attempt to block 7-day season

BY LAUREN O. KIDD
GANNETT STATE BUREAU

TRENTON -- A last-ditch effort to halt the Garden State's second black bear hunt in three years failed Friday, clearing the way for sportsmen to hunt starting Monday in the woods of northwestern New Jersey.

The New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance and the Bear Education Resource Group lost a state appellate court bid Friday afternoon to stop a six-day black bear hunt scheduled for Monday through Dec. 11. Hours later, the state Supreme Court also denied their lawsuit.

'Strong' case

"We're of course disappointed in this decision. We still believe that our case is a strong one and that the court made a wrong decision," Doris Lin, project manager for the New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, said after the second ruling.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051203/NEWS01/512030317

G

·
Lets go hunting for bears guys[up]

I would like to say thank you to those people that faught for us hunters, and to all the hunters and non hunters that supported the hunt, and made those phone calls to voice there support on the hunt.....THANK YOU TO YOU ALL[up]:D

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
"We continue to believe that the (Fish and Game) Council has failed to adopt a comprehensive policy as required by the Legislature. We also continue to believe that this hunt is not justified on the basis of reliable scientific information and therefore continue to press our position. We believe in UFO's and that our goverment caused 9-11. We believe crayons and paint chips are edible. We continue to believe that meat comes from the supermarket and that leather sneakers are not dead animal skins. We believe anything that little voice in our head tells us to do." the groups' attorney, Kevin Barber, said after the early appellate division ruling.

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But even with the hunt definitely on, animal-rights activists are not done trying to protect the bears. A group calling itself the "wounded bear rescue team" is planning to give medical care to bears shot during the hunt.
I'm sorry but that just kills me every time I read it.... These people are nuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.