New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sorry . The oldest cams I have are the Olympus D-380 with the RSS boards .
They give me some of the greatest pictures also !

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a buckets feeder . You can use any size bucket as long as you have a lid for it .

You drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket .

Get a wooden dowl and drill a small hole about 2 " down in the dowl big enough you can stick a nail thru it .

Then slide the dowl in from the top of the bucket so it has down . Fill the bucket with corn and hang .

Nothing but deer can get the corn . No COONS no TREE RATS nothing . The deer will knock the dowl around with there nose to get the corn out ! Added bounus is the corn stays dry also .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can use any size you want . I would not use anything smaller than 1/2 . I know a couple guys that used an old broom stick handle .

Just make sure your hole is beig enough for the corn to fall out when the stick moves around .

Cheap feeder ????? You hit that on the head and one of the BEST ONES out there if you ask me . Cheap and takes about 5 minutes to make one .

That was my first one so I didnt get in to camoin it up . Now I know it works I will give it a sloppy paint job .

Give it a shot , they work great .

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
How high to the bottom of the bucket? Looks about 4-5' with the handle hanging down about 18" or better yet how high to the bottom of the dowel?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dowl is about 3" in side the bucket with about 24" hanging out the bottom .

Then you try to hang it high enough that a coon could not bat the dowl around to get the corn out .

This is my first one and just hung it when I set the cam out there . You can play with it to see what works best .

I can tell you this , it did not take long for the deer to find it and figure out how to work it [smirk]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That is a buckets feeder . You can use any size bucket as long as you have a lid for it .

You drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket .

Get a wooden dowl and drill a small hole about 2 " down in the dowl big enough you can stick a nail thru it .

Then slide the dowl in from the top of the bucket so it has down . Fill the bucket with corn and hang .

Nothing but deer can get the corn . No COONS no TREE RATS nothing . The deer will knock the dowl around with there nose to get the corn out ! Added bounus is the corn stays dry also .
Excellent will be working on them real soon this way the paint smell willbe gone by the fall..

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Off to Lowe's for buckets and dowels later[up]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts