New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Corzine said he had instructed the state attorney general to draft a lawsuit to block the provision from taking effect if it were to become law.
[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

Sens. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said the proposal tramples on states' rights.
God, I hope this law paases and corslime gets it shoved up his a$$ when the feds tell him too bad if he dont like it.

And what about the right's of the people to be safe and defend themselves.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
What a bunch of c**ksuckers

Sens. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said the proposal tramples on states' rights. Lautenberg said it would even allow the carrying of a concealed assault weapon, while Menendez said it would make shootings like the one in which a Jersey City police officer was killed last week more common.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Menedez isn't too bright either:

"Menendez said it would make shootings like the one in which a Jersey City police officer was killed last week more common."

They always seize an opportunity when one presents a cogent bit of realistic information, don't they?

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How sweet would it be if we can pull this bill off !!! Then corslime, bloomberg, daly, and fenty and nagin can all go have a real good cry on each other's shoulders.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
"It would be very dangerous for the day to day lives of our citizens," Corzine said at a news conference in the Capitol.
What does he base this statement on?

To the contrary I believe states that have passed concealed carry laws have seen a drop in crime rates.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I heard on the news that if it passed all states HAVE TO reconize all other states ccw permits. And there is nothing they can do about it.

So does that mean just that that they just have to reconize it or does it mean that plus they have to allow ccw permits?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
"Now is the time for Congress to recognize that the right to self-defense does not end at state lines. Under the Thune-Vitter amendment, an individual who has met the requirements for a carry permit, or who is otherwise allowed by his home state's state law to carry a firearm, would be authorized to carry a firearm for protection in any other state that issues such permits, subject to the laws of the state in which the firearm is carried. "

If you joined the NRA and signed up for the urgent messages you would receive emails and phone calls based on the changes of laws and legislation.

JOIN THE NRA TODAY AND BECOME AN ACTIVE MEMBER!!!

GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA IS ANOTHER ORGANIZATION WHICH FIGHTS FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard on the news that if it passed all states HAVE TO reconize all other states ccw permits. And there is nothing they can do about it.
If that's corrrect then it's a great day for all of us.Hopefully corslime's lawsuits and injunction wont mean squat with the federal bill.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
If that's corrrect then it's a great day for all of us.Hopefully corslime's lawsuits and injunction wont mean squat with the federal bill.
It will eventually get to the supreme court where sotomayor will get her say on it... and I dont think I need to tell you her stance.[down][down]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
What's the chances of getting Uncle Ted to come run for governor of Jersey?
[rofl][up]

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Snowballs chance in hell... mostly because this place in an armpit and second he has no chance of winning with the liberal mindset many urbanites have.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Snowballs chance in hell... mostly because this place in an armpit and second he has no chance of winning with the liberal mindset many urbanites have.
I agree with the part about him coming here, but many of the older generation(ones that were around when he was hot and heavey in the music scene) that has seen my ted nugent for pres bumper sticker complemented me on it. Most of them know him as a musician not a political warrior for the people.

The best part is a couple of them had some sort of anit nugent belief sticker on their cars(obama/biden anti hunting ect)

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Sens. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said the proposal tramples on states' rights.
Yeah, they would know a thing or two about trampling on peoples' rights.

What's the chances of getting Uncle Ted to come run for governor of Jersey?
He wouldn't lower himself to step foot in this state let alone be it's governor.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Christie waffled on this one too, per the posted article; "Corzine's Republican opponent in this fall's governor's race, former federal prosecutor Chris Christie, said he opposes the Thune amendment".

From the horse's mouth..................

"I believe that each state should have the right to make firearms laws as they see fit. And I don't believe it's right for the federal government to get into the middle of this and decide firearms laws for the people of the state of New Jersey," Christie said at a campaign stop in Hamilton Township."

There are those who continue to dumb down America. They prefer New Jersey to be the "sheeple" state, controlled by the jack-booted thugs, which is their desire.

PS - There are 580 concealed-weapon permits in the state of N.J., per The Record's article this morning.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It almost doesn't matter here in NJ. The Amendment was revised to exclude the reciprocity in the state of residence.
(a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides otherwise than as described in paragraph (1), may carry a concealed firearm in any State other than the State of residence of the person that--
The full text can be found here:
SA1618

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.