But thanks anyway for the headsup.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Me too, 50lb bags for $6.00 each

·
Registered
30 Posts
great first post, welcome to the site how about contributing a little bit before you try using this forum for free advertising you may just get some support if you take that route. [wallmad]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bandgetter, I'm in Middletown...the only places around me is Lawes in Shrewsbury which is round $10 for 50lbs, then Potter's Farm right off GSP 114 is $9 i think and Hemlock Hill Farm in Colts Neck is $8.90 cash

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
If youre willing to take a ride, Agway in Dushore PA is where my buddy just got 1,000 pounds [in a lot of 10 [email protected] per bag]. Here's the number to call, ahead to check: [570]-928-8228 It's a ride though, in the Northern Poconos and he goes there every now and then so he just grabbed it for us.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i dont see the point of trying to find it cheaper b/c unless its less than 15 mins from where you live then your still paying the same amount. down the road from where i live in ocean county its 10 dollars per 50 pound bag and they always have it. the few other places around here i know where i can get it dont always have it and just the ride even to the next town over to get it 3 or 4 dollars cheaper evens out in gass consumption, plus its not even a garuntee that they will have it. IMO just not worth it to travel to get it.

i wonder if there is a place that will deliver to your house if you were to buy in bulk.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
lost9340,
To some degree you are correct.
But in my case the local place, 15 minutes away has it for $8 for 50lbs.
If I travel and pick up 30 bags at $6 I save $60. It takes approx $10 in gas. So I still save $50 and that doesn't even figure the gas for the 1/2 round trip.
And the place always has it. Year round.

So traveling when buying a large enough quantity is worth it. I certainly wouldn't do it for 3-4 bags though.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
lost9340, what town in Ocean Cty we can work something out if your close.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the input; it's important to a local merchant. Corn is cleaned and dried; no mold or junk, goes through feeders well and is also suitable for burning in stoves. Delivery available for free. We also have corn with molasses, apple flavored corn, rainproof high protein pellets, food plot seed and C'Mere Deer's line.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.