New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Great pic Little M, what are you a snake magnet now?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up]

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Are we going to have snakes when we deer hunt now?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Are we going to have snakes when we deer hunt now?
Always had them up north, along with rattlers. We see them sometimes while scouting but once mid Oct. comes they are pretty much gone, thank god!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Yeah I have saw a rattler back in the late 90's in Jefferson "Cozy lake". I couldn't believe it. Did they release them to control mouse and rat populations?

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
both rattlers and copper heads are native to mostly north western nj our boy scout council owned a camp called glen gray its off 202 near oakland its loaded with rattlers going 4-5 ft long and as thick as your arm you realy see them come out if its a draught they have to hunt more ground to find prey the camp was sold and is run by the county now

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
that looks to be a good size copper they go in doors more than the rattlers it seems. rattlers don't like people but copperheads don't seem to mind them to much.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
nice pic, ive only ever seen one copperhead and it was a road kill, but i have seen plenty of timber rattlers in the northwest nj. can u please also pm me where u saw it in hope. thanks

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I just found what I thought was a copperhead in somerset county but it has seperated blotches of color, so I think that would make it an eastern ratsnake. Right?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts