New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
flipper,

Your pic isn't showing properly. All I see is a blue rectangle w/an X in the middle of it.

David

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
That red X makes for some funny headgear.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His ribs and hip bones were showing, and he could hardly walk, more like a craw. Someone must of thought that buck shot can kill a deer at 100yds, because at 50 and under it will break that antler not get stuck in it.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
[down][down]:(:(

Well, at least you were able to end his suffering...[up]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Thank You, some people should go back through hunters Ed.
All hunters could benefit from it one way or another.
we sometimes forget the basics and think gadgets will rule the day. the better load, the sharper camo, the slicker arrow,etc... all this crap doesn't make up for the lack of something as basic as knowing what your load can do and proper shot placement.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have removed more buckshot out of deer then I care to think about. Including the buck I shot this year. Many times it is scarred over and you would never know the deer had it in them...
Many guys swear by its lethality... I personally have never killed a deer with it but there sure must be a reason why so many states DO NOT allow it [confused]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Last winter my dad found a really big 7 pointer that someone peppered with buckshot...there was a perfectly round mark on his antlers where a piece of shot hit him...proof that the buck was well out of range if the pattern was that spread apart. Within range, buckshot is very effective. I just wish people would realize that and have some dicipline when they see a shooter just a little too far out.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Let em read. Truth is the best course whereas the lies of our adversaries will be their very undoing.

In truth there are few hunts that don't turn out as planned. We've all missed opportunities and we've all had moments when 'buck-fever' took its grip in the pursuit of game. We've all experienced moments of target panic and we've all had difficulties following blood trails. But it is the persistance and the comraderie that helps us develop our wood-craft and hunting skills.

It is in discussing the myriad hunting scenarios that occur after the shot in which all of us benefit as hunters. It is in the campfire tales of our forefathers where we learned to be dilligent in the pursuit of game in hopes of sharing the same bounty we help bring to bag.

What is exemplary of this thread is that flipper243 did his duty as a warden of conservation and did not hesitate to finish the hunt that someone else had erred previous.

flipper243 said it best: he did the RIGHT thing.

[up]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts