New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have been to some clubs that have them on their walls. Big Springs used to have some, but we never got a chance to get one. They are cool though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
NJA:

Sounds like a fun day!

Couple of questions, if you will. How are the Bent Creek fields set up? Is there good cover for the dogs to work? Also, do the birds hold for the dog, and fly well when flushed?

I actually live in Allentown, but for one reason or another have never hunted there, though it's less than 5 minutes from my house. I want to try it soon, though, as I have a first-year pup who could use some controlled hunting work; hence the questions.

Thanks.

Tony

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony,
Bent Creek is a first rate preserve, owners are great, fields are excellent for pointers or flushers (we hunt over both), and the birds are exremely healthy fliers. I reccomend it 100%, actually while we were there, I booked another hunt for next Friday.
Pete

Bent Creek

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've only ever seen one white hen at the Pequest about 5 years ago. My dog was working it but it got up about 40 yds out and was shot by someone else. That one was almost pure white.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
speaking of interesting looking pheasants, my brother and dad saw a bird on the road that looked to be 3 times bigger than a normal pheasant...was purple without the ring but was not a sichuan, i looked it up online and its called a "jumbo rooster..."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts