New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the laws in nj pertaining to concealed carry? [confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You can't even carry in you own house.[down][down][down][down][down][down][down][down][down][down]Not even a butter knife.You now must carve you thanksgiving turkey with a hammer.[rofl]The loophole is if you are a illegal you can carry,drive,squat and hunt for free or with out a PERMIT OR LICENSE.If they get caught that it like a free trip to disney.[rofl]Business owners that hire them have the best tax breaks in the state.[down]They are stupid illegals and I consider them rich peoples slaves.The ones that robbed my house lived at a near by farm were 10,8,and7 year old mexican kids and it was in broad daylight.[confused]Does the farmer teach them to do this[confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
What are the laws in nj pertaining to concealed carry?
NJ "carry laws" do not differentiate between concealed carry or open carry.

Not withstanding, the possession of a sidearm for defensive purposes in NJ (for non law enforcement authorities) requires a Permit to Carry & is regulated under N.J.S. 2C:58-4.
http://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/cgi-bi...oc_Frame_Pg42&wordsaroundhits=2&x=47&y=12&zz=

Unfortunately, the process for obtaining such a permit is time-consuming, difficult & arduous. Few applicants are actually granted these permits. Additionally, at this time, NJ does not recognise CCW permits issued by other states.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Bottom line unless you are former law enforcement it is almost impossible to legally carry a handgun in NJ. That being said I know some one that has a CCW permit that is not a former LEO. The operative word is "almost".

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
for the average citizen; you would need to have documented proof of an ongoing threat to your life.
don't forget that this is Jersey, so you can bribe a judge too ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts