New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I do. It took me 25 minutes with a laminated picture ID and everything at Lackawanna County Courthouse in Scranton. I'm a PA resident. I heard that what you said it true, but don't have any real info on the out of state thing.

BTW love your new un-caps look.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have one but it is because I also have a NJ Retired Law Enforcement Officers Carry Permit. Pa in 2008 did not renew the prior 2 that I had. Once I obtained my NJ one, Pa renewed my Pa permit for $26.00 for 5 years. If you do not hold your States carry permit most likely you will not get a Pa one.Now a Sportsmens carry permit you can get but it's only good while you are in the field and must be off your persons and secured out of the field.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
You must have one from your home state first if they issue them at all. States that have no issue policy at all can [successfully] apply for a PA non-res. As long as NJ stays "may issue" then you are pretty much out of luck. It would actually be better if NJ didnt issue any at all for that circumstance. F-d up isnt it. Although the FLA permit and the VA non-res, are both accepted in PA under the reciprocity agreement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.