New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New hunter here and want to start shooting now and want to develop for fall bow next year. I want a good starter compound then can pull somewhere between #40-60. I no its an expensive game to get into but whatever ideas you guys have for me just let me know. Thanks NJH

·
Registered
855 Posts
Cheaper then dirt.com has bows for decent price and could find decent setup. Or I can see if I have a bow you can get started with, its bare for the most part just buy accessories and build it up.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Almost all new bows shoot great. Best to pick one up and see how it feels in your hand. As a beginner i would suggest something with a large valley. Depends on cash flow really but i think you can get a decent package around 400-500 dollars.

·
Registered
598 Posts
go to a good bow shop and shoot a bunch. You will find one that's right for you by feel.
I agree. You can get a thousand different answers here, but your best bet is a good archery shop. I wouldn't suggest a Cabelas or dicks either. Go to a place like targeteers that deal specifically in archery equipment and have an indoor range you can practice. Good luck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. You can get a thousand different answers here, but your best bet is a good archery shop. I wouldn't suggest a Cabelas or dicks either. Go to a place like targeteers that deal specifically in archery equipment and have an indoor range you can practice. Good luck!
Went to targeteers saturday. They are good. I am gonna go back soon to see what they have. I have a Golden Eagle in my garage I have been shooting but I am borrowing it. Hopefully I can find something that fits me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Going to a pro shop for your first bow is a must to really enjoy the sport. Once you gain experience you will have the knowledge to possibly set up your own bow but it is critical that you are set up properly at the beginning.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I wish I knew some specs. Its 30" and idk the draw #. Its a super hawk model.
Yea dont know my model 30 dl and 65 dw. I can nail a quarter up to 15 yards then orange size up to 30 yards. I took mine to sportsmen center and had them look it over.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts