New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twelve months ago I submitted a letter to Governor Codey calling for the resignation of DEP Commissioner Bradley Campbell.

I'd like to take this opportunity to commend DEP Commissioner Campbell for accepting the recently completed Comprehensive Black Management Policy. He has taken a lot of heat over the last two years and given Governor-Elect Corzine's position on bear hunting, this had to be a difficult decision to make.

His insistence that the Policy commits the Council to expanding the use of nonlethal control was a wise one. The bear population need to be controlled by whatever means are available and should immuno-contraception ever become viable, it should be included as a means to supplement regulated hunting. He rightfully ensured the reasonable issues from those opposed to the hunt were included in the Policy.

Both sides should be pleased with Mr. Campbell's efforts. It appears he is not taking sides on this issue but rather after reviewing the facts and taking into account public comment from both sides, comes to rational decision.

Mike

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I still don;t like him.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
The man asked for formal information not guess work. Held his objective ground. Received the information and approved the hunt.

In other words he didn't cave in for either side and didn't shoot from the hip with "guesstimates".

I like his way of doing buisness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts