New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i can't wait till Saturday. its my opening day for the birds. still trying to get my first bird. i think this is start of my third season.[up]

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I'm right there with you! I'll be heading out Friday with my owl call to find them. I've been driving the wifey crazy withe all the hoo-hoooin, and turkey callin.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I am going for a Thursday - Friday - Saturday extravaganza! Thursday PM - trout. Thursday night - cave. Friday morning - turkey. Friday afternoon/evening....stripers. Friday night - home/shower....Gf... Saturday AM - turkeys......

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you sleeping over in the cave tonight Tom? anymore yotes in there?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Haha...sleeping in a cave!!!!! You my friend are a total bada$$!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Friday AM trout before work for me, then have a wedding Friday night. Saturday I'll be after turkey, then out to Cabela's to pick up my wife's camo. Sunday scouting a couple of properties for C week. Should be a great weekend!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
still trying to get my first bird
me too! i cant wait! this is only my second season huntin turkeys

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Good luck Bud[up]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Watch the ticks guys!! I pulled one out of my thigh this morning and have found atleast 5 on my this year just in day to day travels not even sitting in a turkey hideout.. They are bad this year! Good Luck to all you guys Saturday!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'll be headed out as well for my first ever turkey hunt in zone 8. I'm excited to see some live action. Enough outdoor channel and VS network for me on the turkey hunts.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i cant wait till saturday either, i saw a nice longbeard today on my property i will post pics of it later
you hunting by your house? i'm gonna be over there.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Watch the ticks guys!! I pulled one out of my thigh this morning and have found atleast 5 on my this year just in day to day travels not even sitting in a turkey hideout.. They are bad this year!
They are bad this year. Bring some OFF with you or check yourself thoroughly at the end of the day.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
anymore yotes in there?
I don't know yet.... but if there are (it is easy to tell), since there will be pups, I won't flare them out (of the deep den in the back) like I would in the fall. I will just pitch the pack tent down by the stream. I don't want to hassel them with the pups so young. It should be a nice night either way - clear with a waning crescent moon. AAAAaaaarrroooooooo!!!!!!!!! AAAaaaar - AAAAaaar ..... AAAAaaaarrroooooo........ [hihi]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts