New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've seen a ton of them in the lake by the police range recently but never anywhere else really. I was thinking about giving it a shot too. Might go tomorrow morning to check it out then do some dog training.

·
Registered
852 Posts
What is the refuge lake? Is that off limits? Do you know where you could get a map of this place? I have been searching but unable to find.
yes it is the lake on the left when you come in the main entrance is off limits to hunting. That's the lake everyone is refering to. Pull up google maps and look at it. You will see all you need to see take the map off the fish and wildlife website look at the boundaries and go from there. You will find a wealth of knowledge in doing this. Everything in the boundaries is hunt able unless signed off otherwise.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Then go take a ride and scout. Sitting at the computer isn't helping you any. Once you scout then ask questions if your not sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't scouted that area so I don't even know where to park or even what road the main entrance is on. I just printed the map. I have 2 kids under two so getting out isn't the easiest just trying to make the time I get out there more productive.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I understand I have a 4yr old. Take the family for a ride that's what I do. Tell them your going to get ice cream. There's a awesome shop 3-4mi north on 539 it's called tk's. What's the worse thing to happen the wife bitches... Seize your opportunities when they are available. My wife gets suspect every time I tell her were going for a ride. Lol!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I haven't scouted that area so I don't even know where to park or even what road the main entrance is on. I just printed the map. I have 2 kids under two so getting out isn't the easiest just trying to make the time I get out there more productive.
Main entrance is at the intersection of East Colliers Mills Road (Route 640) and Hawkin Road. Lake Success is about 2 miles southeast of the entrance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Went out last night, didn't see a single honker...or duck. Could just have been a wrong time of day, but regardless.. evenings are a crap shoot anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts