New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone around hunt Collier's Mills WMA? It is the only area around me that I know of where I could go hunt. I live in Point Pleasant and this would be my first ever season. I have been shooting there quite a bit lately (bow/shotgun).. I am worried that the place is going to get jam-packed once the season starts, and I dont even know where to begin. Just wondering if anyone else from the board frequents the area or has any other suggestions about other locations.

Thanks guys.

Also let me know if anyone would want to go out there and shoot some clays or bow anything at all.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
welcome carlofunk, this is my second season as well, but around the corner from the mills is manchester wma, and even closer to point has to be the manasquan river wma. I'm not an expert on areas but there are tons of acres of public land in our area.

Im from Toms River btw.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I recall seeing the manchester wma on a trip to central jersey rifle and pistol club, off of 571 i believe. Also, the Manasquan river WMA, I think is a small boat launch ramp on the canal near the state trooper headquarters. I could be incorrect,but I dont think they would be too happy with me setting up a treestand there ;)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
manasquan wma has 750 acres to it. I dont consider that a small area with a boat launch. And you can hunt at any WMA regardless of the boat launch.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Just got back from picking up my FREE shotgun and muzzleloader permits from Monmouth County Parks.They open up sections of 11 parks. Some are Bow only and others are opened to "all regulated deer seasons"
There are some additional restrictions but their all doable. for more info go to www.monmouthcountyparks.com

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
manasquan wma has 750 acres to it. I dont consider that a small area with a boat launch. And you can hunt at any WMA regardless of the boat launch.
sorry drome, i must have been misinformed about the manasquan WMA, a friend of mine told me it was jsut that little place.

Im defnitely going to look into the park permits, that seems like it would be a nice low-pressure approach to finding some land, and I may even try collier's mills for early bow.

thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts