New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend was just baiting his spot at colliers mills and saw a guy there that took a pheasant load to the face. he said his whole face was covered in bloosd. ambulances were everywhere. horrible news how does this happen
how does someones face look like a pheasant?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
hope the guy is okay.

it happens b/c A LOT of guys hunt there. I dont go near a WMA anymore on a weekend. got peppered once. 80 yards away and still hurt.

as for the blood (the guy you mentioned)..i hope its just one pellet. saw a guy once get 1 pellet in the forehead on a quail hunt. blood was everywhere but once he was cleaned up we only found the one pellet hole.

hope the hunter is okay.

Nick

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope the shooter loses his privilages for life

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
This is why I never hunt public land much. Even though you where ornage, that doesn't mean you are safe at all. All it takes is a stray bullet. [wallmad]

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
how does this happen
..most likely to many hunters in the same area,but still NO excuse for shooting another hunter.."should always know your target and beyond"..hope the hunter is ok.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It may come as a surprise to some,but your are suppose to shoot a bird in the air.Theere are a lot of guys out there that have to be reminded that its only a chicken,not the World Serious.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I am getting ready to go there now. Notice what time it is? By the time I get there the place will be empty except for the few smart hunters that show up at noon. The 8am army of idjits are a dangerous bunch as you can see.

Getting there late you just need to cover more ground. But Mills is an easy place to hunt. I enjoy myself there everytime I go.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The guy got peppered, only 2 CO'S, 2 Jackson PD, And 1 EMS TEAM. A group of 5 Guys with a dog and a group of 3 with no Dog, someone with no dog got hit...

·
Registered
267 Posts
So in an 11,000 acre WMA, 8 guys were on top of each other, trying to shoot a released chicken? Ridiculous.

Hoping everything turns out alright for the guy who got hit.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Horrible. I won't go in the mornings because of the crowds. People act like a pheasant is filled with gold, is it that hard to make sure you have a safe shot...you are suppose to shoot them in the air as well.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
This place is out of control on stocking mornings. I'm surprised you don't see this more often there. Seems every licensed idiot shows up for the morning army drive of stocked birds. [down]

·
Registered
557 Posts
Poor gun safety........... maybe that person who did the shooting should go back through the schooling and I don't mean the DVD class but the actual 3 day site down class like I did back in the day. You know the one where there were people talking and not some person talking into a mic for a DVD.... Come on people know what your shooting AT...............................[wallmad]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts