New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Colliers Mills WMA today looking for a spot to bow hunt for next fall. I had the surprise oportunity to watch a beutiful [no swearing please] Pheasant scratching around. After about 15 minutes I kicked him up just to watch hime fly away It's always great to be out, you never know what you will see.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I say one today about 15 feet off the noses of 2 Drahthaars. About 30 seconds later it was down and being retrieved by one of them.:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I haven't seen a [no swearing please] bird since opening day.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Last Sat I saw a total of 5 pheasants while deer hunting at the Flatbrook 2 where cockbirds. Two on dirt road by the handicapped fishing access. Flushed a [no swearing please] bird on my way into my stand. A hen bird trotted by my stand at 6:45. Driving out there were two hunters with a German Shorthair and an English Pointer both on point right on the dirt road.
I stopped to watch. It was a semi crippled hen. They had trouble flushing it. When it finally flushed it only went up about ten feet to low to shoot. It landed and ran. My Lab, when he was alive, would have eaisly flushed and caught that bird with out me firing a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.