New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone belongs or hunted at AMERICAN WHITETAIL LTD Club?. I'm interested in 1 day deer hunt.

B

·
0 Posts
If Im going to pay for a whitetail hunt, I want to hunt real trophies. The deer there are typical NJ deer, no differnt then hunting anywhere in this state

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
THEY DROVE EVERY PROPERTY LAST YEAR ON OPENING DAY AND HAD PEOPLE IN TREESTANDS THAT HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE COMMING THROUGH.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, you convince me. This is my first time deer hunting. I'll be hunting in Zone 18 (Colliers Mills)

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Some nice public land around Jackson area, but North American Whitetail LTD. has some very good properties. I know the President of the organization and he is a first cl [no swearing please] guy. He has taken steps to reduce the hunting pressure dramatically on the lands this year, which resulted in some people leaving, but should make for much better hunting.

I don't know what you are looking for, or what you expect, but shoot Jim an e-mail and tell him what you want to do. He might have what you want.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
they beat up those properties pretty good last year. i doubt you'll see anything or any size there. while jim is a nice guy the properties need some work, there are alot of treestands with missing steps/ boards and questional hunting areas.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I don't know what other clubs mandate as far as the number of days you can hunt their property, but North American Whitetail only allows 15 total days for the entire deer season and about a $1,000 at that. That was hunting with a bow. I don't know what it was with a firearm. Sixty-six dollars a day to hunt. Not me. I'll put in the leg work to find private land.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I am a member of American Whitetails,and there are a couple of errors' here. 1st, a season membership is $795. That gets you 20 days combined hunting,bow,shotgun and muzzleloader.The stand ratio is about 70 to 30 metal to wood stands. The stands are maintained every year or marked bring a portable. There is 1 property 400 acres bow only. The herd quality is actually very good.I have personally seen many Pope and Young bucks as well as a 160+ I and my wife saw November 18th this year. There is also, at no extra cost a full service bunk house and club house with full kitchens, on sight butcher on site.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
They have eliminated all property driving also. I have hunted with many of the the Flyer players there,not to mention Bernie Parent took 2 very nice bucks there this year.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Also it should be mentioned that the more family members that join, the lower the yearly price is. My wife gets a 200 dollar discount.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i was a member, and you pay for property that you could hunt for free or are not really supposed to be hunting. also there are alot of stands that are not maintained, like the cages on Potts with no steps or some others with those damn bent nails for steps, the first couple years he opened it up as a club it was nice lots of deer every day going by then last year there was about 65/75 guys there, opening day they drove through at 8am, "oh sorry we screwed up your day, would you like to drive with us now that we pushed all the deer out of here?" that's nice. there is just alot of crap that goes on there that maybe you dont know about.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Actually the membership is down to about 50-55, granted a lot of guys' left because of the day restrictions and small price increase. I exclusively hunt Potts and have seen deer every time out with quite a few quality deer also. There is now point restrictions on some of the 6 properties as well as a fine for the taking a second button buck. I think Jim and Mike are making it better year by year. I do believe though that for the price vs. properties against what other clubs offer, they are very good. I am in another club in Hunterdon county that is 14 members, 700 acres. In Monmouth County I pay 300 to hunt 25 acres Mon- Friday only. On Potts this year it has been myself,wife and 3 other members I got into the club, with only 4 other members there since early bow. It seems people just hunt there favorite areas, but thats fine. There is also no longer any gun hunting on Potts', which I believe will account for some giants in the very near future.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
KIUA, how are the days you hunt managed? I know there used to be a log book that you signed in. How about the guys that show up and don't log in? This was the problem I had at the Salem property. My son and I sign in, write down what stand area we're going to, get there and find folks there. Then they act like it's my fault. One time it got kinda ugly. It happened on the other hunting sites as well. As a new member to the club some of the other members didn't actually extend a warm hand. I didn't want the red carpet but the folks that where/are members made us feel like we where tresspassing on their private property. Jim is a nice guy and he worked with me on a great payment plan. Sounds like he has extended the number of days you can hunt. But like I wrote before, I don't think I'll be going back.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Also, just checked their site and I see they don't have the Salem property on there anymore. Two years ago when they had the farm property, they had the wrong directions on the website. It was directions and a arial map to a property they used to have. After driving around for the whole morning, we lucked out in the afternoon and found where we where supposed to be. Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe they are more organized now, but for the money I got little info and few returned phone calls.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts