New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what Clinton WMA has if I wanted to hang up turkey targets or poster board for patterning my gun?

Is there a table where I can place my gun sled\rest on as well?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
There are covered stalls with a table top and benches. You will need your own targets and stand. Always take your garbage out with you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sometimes people leave stands behind but you can never be sure. Best to just bring your own. Most people put up a box, but I've seen pallets with 2x4's and a lot of crative things. I use a sawhorse with a large piece of carboard on it.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Most people put up a box, but I've seen pallets with 2x4's and a lot of crative things
Those people need to clean up. I've seen that also and they just leave the stuff there when their done and the range looks like a garbage dump.

Another good target stand are the political signs that get put up all over the place.
That's what I use. I take mine home with me and reuse it dozens of times over. People keep leaving their trash behind will cause the state to close the ranges one day. Try that at a private range, you'll be kicked out.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, glad I asked and now know that stands arent avialable at Clinton. When I was a Black River WMA even though their rifle range is now supposedly closed, I saw that they have the metal stands already their. Guess I'll have to bring something creative to Clinton. Oh yeah Ill take my trash out with me, Im not one to litter and ruin something good for the rest of us.[up]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Political signs and cardboard boxes work but you need to bring your own. Sometimes people will leave them there but you can never be too sure. I just put together a simple frame out of scrap lumber that I had sitting around. When the middle gets too shot up, I just replace it. Like WWP said, you want to go to the rifle range. A word of warning with your turkey gun. Make sure whatever you use is fairly stable. The frame that I put together does fine with my ML and slug gun but with turkey loads I knocked it right over on my third shot.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Use a box and when done pick up your stuff and some of the other guys junk too that will put a check mark in your "Good deed for the day" column!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Use a box and when done pick up your stuff and some of the other guys junk too that will put a check mark in your "Good deed for the day" column!
[up]
That range is a disgrace sometimes with all of the crap that gets left there. I should have also mentioned this in my previous post but don't be one of those guys. Clean up after yourself when your done. The Clinton WMA is one of the few public 100 yd. ranges left in NJ and they're not going to keep it open if people don't respect and take care of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts