New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an old hand clay thrower my dad and I used to use years ago but I need something I can use myself. I see the various cheapos for $30 bucks or something, but they don't look very sturdy.

Anyone have any experience with a decent one?

Suggestions?

Got one laying around you don't use and want to sell it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mount the cheapo to a piece of plywood (big enough to stand on), tie a string long enough so you can stand on the plywood and pull the string and have your shotgun ready.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mount the cheapo to a piece of plywood (big enough to stand on),
Reading the reviews on those, people claim they flex and tend to break lots of clays.

I just don't have any experience with the fixed ones and was hoping someone who's used one could offer some feedback.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Mount the cheapo to a piece of plywood (big enough to stand on), tie a string long enough so you can stand on the plywood and pull the string and have your shotgun ready.
I did the same thing. Run some stick-on weather stripping against the rail and the clays shouldn't break.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have a cheapo from Cabellas for $25. It does not break clays ... sometimes I do though .... sometimes I don't also. That $25 has provided many hours of fun for my son and I ... well worth cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts