New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys & gals, which would you choose to go after.

Mr. HORNS , or Mr. Beefcake.

Both deer are hitting their respective baits on a regular basis. So where do I sit ?

Mr. Beefcake is farm fed, and when I last saw him in person, I passed him up for the HIGH brow tine deer I was looking for.

But now he's in the running for a place on the wall.

Mr. Horns ( 9 pt )

Mr. Beefcake

SO MANY DEER, SO LITTLE TIME

If you look behind Mr. Beefcake, you can see the ladder to my stand. It's a 12yd. shot.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
If you want, I'll come shoot the first one that makes an appearance. That way, you don't have such a tough decision...only one will be left. :p

Let me know if you want me to do the job, I would probably do this service for free as well. ;)[up]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing, go for the horns first, with my musket tag, then go after Mr. Beefcake during winter bow. They will really let their guards down in Jan. when they REALLY get hungry.
Yea, like they aren't hungry now. I'm baiting 10 stands now and using 600lbs. of corn a week. I feel like a professional deer feeder.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
horns for sure!![up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Take beefy.

Mr horns can p [no swearing please] on his genes for future.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I agree with Pla930, especially because you have a private area. If you were unsure if "horns" would make it through the winter, take him. But "beefcake" looks like inferior genetics (only a 6 at that size). Just think how nice "horns" will be next year!

-dan

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Take Horns...My father and I hunt a nice piece of private land and tried to p [no swearing please] on nice bucks thinking they'd be around the next season and they'd wind up getting hit by cars. If you get the chance take him! He should've bred plenty of does by now and he'd look great on the wall[up]

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Beefcake is a big body deer.I would take him out and let Mr. horns walk for another year. Just think what he will be next year if he makes it through the winter.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I agree with Pla930, especially because you have a private area. If you were unsure if "horns" would make it through the winter, take him. But "beefcake" looks like inferior genetics (only a 6 at that size). Just think how nice "horns" will be next year!
I concur. Take the beefcake.

David

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Sounds like you want both!! Greedy!:D:D
Mr. Horns will be bigger next year. Mr.Beefcake looks like he is going down hill for antler sake.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
MR HORNS![up]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts