New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 year old chestnut belton female both parents are from illinoise and are wild quail dogs and the grandfather josh is a llewellin champion from alabama. This female runs with a high cracking tail has seen birds bumping birds im not putting any time or money training this dog she is a hunting dog and i run cover dog trial it takes over a hundred dogs before you get the one your looking for train her up in a month or less and hunt her this season she knows here and has had a e collar on her before she doesnt run big enough what im looking for 400 plus yards she is a closer working dog so im going to sell her to make room for 2 pups i kept from my last litter ill take 250 for her you cant rescue a dog from the pound for that much anymore pm me for pictures very pretty dog basically all white very calm and well mannered dog very loving id like to see her in the house she loves to lay on your lap

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
some one should jump on that im sure you could be shooting birds over that dog by nov and if some one from my area wants the dog i would be willing to help finish her

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
How many times are you going to list this dog ? with all do respect but if you run all these field trials and are in with all these pro handlers running your dogs you should have no problem selling the pup. it just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I'll rescue her from you leehigh :D she can live in the house and I'll hunt her a few times a week [up]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wont have a problem selling her last time i posted it i didnt pay attention on nj hunter and waht does a pro trainer have to do with a dog i train my own dogs and my friend handles them when i cant run every other weekend

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
you should have no problem selling the pup. it just doesnt make sense.
what do you mean it dont make sence when you trail dogs you have to let some dogs go but that does not mean the dog will not make a great hunting dog and as far as tylers dogs go i have seen a few of them and know of a few of them and they are what he says they are also i think it's good he offers them for sale on here if some one wants a good dog well ya cant beat the price and like i said i would be willing to help any one that got a llewellin from him becuese know if he owned the dog it was bread well

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
smitty i know that she has a great nose already im going to run the dog today and start working her did you get those pics i sent you the other day of my dog chase i need a couple more placements and he is going to be the youngest cover dog champion around he is only a little over a year old and that dog is out of molly nice wide build with a 12 o clock tail that male his name is chase great nose nice runner not as fast as that chestnut maggie though just cant beat her she is going to be a great one i kept 2 pups out of molly last litter boy do they love to point everything i only have 6 kennel runs so cant keep them all when i want to keep puppies thats why i sold my good grouse dog whiskey which i regret because i wanted to hunt him this season but ill be running molly alot shes a great dog

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
like i said i always liked molly you were very luckey to get her she has produced some outstanding litters thats for sure

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
smitty dont run your gums
[lol]

dont sweat it stagg he's good for running da gums..he's the almighty everything[eyeroll]

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
So let me see, A guy doesn't want his dog because in his eyes it sucks. Then another guy who knows him says he can take this 12 month old dog and in six weeks run it against anything (westjersey) has (finished gun dog) And it will out perform it.

Something smells here bad. Maybe Field trials ain't so tough then.. Because you will never put a VC or even a UT title or a AKC master hunter title on a dog that young. If you could you could name your price.
People would come from all over the country and pay you 1200-1500 a month for training.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no the dog does not suck its called not running big enough for cover dog trials thats all there is nothing with bad with a hunting dog to run in cover dog trials you need to run 300 plus yards to compete thats all has nothing to do with a dog sucking all llewellins are great hunting dogs kal that breed is known to work closer and i need llewellins to run 300 plus yards most llewellins dont thats why i am the only guy in the country that i know of that is running llewellins in cover dog trials

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont run akc or those titles you named i run american field cover dog trials and you need to run big has nothing to do with a hunting dog

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
tyler has great dogs from what i hear. I dont doublt that. As to my breed , my breed is not a field trail dog at all. I just hunt them and have a good time with my best hunting buddy, My father.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
westjerzy everyone likes diff types of hunting there is good dogs in all breeds if you have a decent bloodline you have a good dog you know are you getting anymore french pointers did you see that article in gundog magazine was nice article

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the only article i have seen was from a real long time ago in gun dog. as to another BF im planning a trip to france very soon. Just waiting on a few things to line and work out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh wow straight import u should get the new gundog magazine big article of french pointers in there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts