New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone hunt chester township, i just got some property near hacklebarney state park, it's about 65 acres with an adjoining 100acres thats also open to me. never hunted that area, gonna scout it this weekend, and is that earn a buck area for the muzzleloader ??

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
gyp

for ml, it's antlerless only through today. then on monday and tuesday 28-29th is either sex. BUT, it is earn a buck. you can shoot 2 deer a day. i used to hunt chester years ago before this EAB crap.

i know the area you're talking about. you should do well.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Gypsy...if you need another to help you learn the property I live right next door in Long Valley.;):D LOL There's a ton of deer around there. Make sure your super alert when driving those roads at night going to and from the stand or else you may just harvest a deer with your auto and there for wont have to worry aout the EAB requirements.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We had permission last Saturday to hunt Youth day in long Valley very close to where you are, I love the area and have seen some quality deer there as well. You should do well. Good Luck

B

·
0 Posts
if you need help, just let your local law enforcement officer know ( that would be ME ) :p:D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Gypsy

We hunted right there! We're off Valley Brook Rd. The next road over. The properties are real close, real close. Great area and wish you the best of luck. Need a partner let me know LOL. There was a post with a picture of Charlie and his 8pt shot this Saturday. We saw 13 deer 8 being bucks, One in the 120 cl [no swearing please] range. Naturally after Little Fletch shot his.. My buddy who turned me onto the property shots a good buck every year there. Property is small can can't support more tehn one man. He bow hunts it only but allows my 12 yr old to hunt it. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I love Chester and Black River; it gets a bit crowded during regular firearms so I head north to zone 3 and 6 and hunt the watershed, but BRWMA is one of my favorite places to take a good long walk with a gun, still hunt, or hang a stand in the heavy stuff.

Sounds like you're in zone 8, on the south side of the main drag. I've got a tag for 9 and I'll be out Friday AM.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have taken 5 nice bucks out of Chester and have always considered it the best place to bowhunt as there is always deer out and about. Congrats on the land purchase in the Hot spot for deer...CHESTER[up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts