New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
joined cherry ridge range today..ad took the 9mm fr its maiden voyage...what a woderful wonderful place...I almost forgot I was in nj while there..

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Anyone have info on memberships up there?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I've been a member there for a while. If I can answer any questions for you let me know. Staff and club officers do a good job of keeping it up.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Been going to CR since '79. Much has changed, a lot more regimented when I first started there, but still a great place. I agree, you can forget you are in NJ up there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was a member there.Unfortunatly due to being out of work to an accident I wasnt able to come up with the money to re up my membership.All around I think its an ok place though I do feel they are a little to restrictive.In addition there are a few older gentlemen who though they are nothing more than members and no range officers that they are the boss of the firing line.They call for cease fires thinking they have some kind of authority there.I dont think I will be re joining.IM looking at putting my name on the waiting list for shungum.

·
Registered
677 Posts
they can be strict, but it keeps the place safe [up]. some people tend to be morons at times. i have no problems up there, except for the occasional dipshits having BS'in pow-wows when you're trying to call a cease fire. The range masters are all genuine nice fellows [up] eyes, ears, flag your gun when not using and don't approach the bench during a ceasefire. pretty straight forward common sense stuff[drinking]

·
Registered
747 Posts
.In addition there are a few older gentlemen who though they are nothing more than members and no range officers that they are the boss of the firing line.They call for cease fires thinking they have some kind of authority there.
There are no range officers for calling Cease Fires. Shooters do it themselves .... timeframe guidelines are posted .... on the half hour, etc. One shooter has to kinda take charge of it .... calling out to make the range safe and hot, and operating the warning lights. It has to be handled seriously.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
never been there before...soundsl ike a nice place...it is by my school which is cool! is there anywhere to lock my handgun up there? like lockers or anything like that? not sure that i would trust a locker really but just wanna see what my options are..[smoke]

·
Registered
677 Posts
One shooter has to kinda take charge of it .... calling out to make the range safe and hot, and operating the warning lights. It has to be handled seriously.
[up][up][up]

is there anywhere to lock my handgun up there? like lockers or anything like that?
nope

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
a few older gentlemen who though they are nothing more than members and no range officers that they are the boss of the firing line
Nothing wrong with this. Better to be safe at a place where firearms are handled. BTW - One of those older gentleman just may be me. I'm the same way whenever I dare to venture onto one of the WMA ranges. Safety practiced by a few there at times borders on deplorable.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I have shot there with my uncle it's nice![up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts