New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFTER SWAMP PEOPLE I WAS FLIPPING THRU THE CHANNELS WHEN I CAME ACROSS BOW MADNESS..(NOT A BIG FAN OF THE DRURY BROTHERS IN THE FIRST PLACE)..THEIR CREW WAS BLACK BEAR HUNTING..SO I PIONT OUT TO MY WIFE LOOK AT ALL THE F**KIN ADVERTISEMENTS..LEFT SIDE OF HIS HAT THAN THE RIGHT SIDE ,HIS SLEVES, VANES,EVERY OTHER WORD IS PSE THIS AND PSE THAT...WHEN MY WIFE SAYS " IT'S LIKE WATCHING A F**KIN NASCAR RACE"[rofl][rofl][rofl] WELL I LOST IT .THESE TV SHOWS ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROLL[down][down][down]

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOTHING WRONG WITH NASCAR GONE TO DOZENS OF RACES....THATS HOW SHE CAME UP WITH IT...THAN SHE STARTED QUOTING LINE FROM TALLADAGA NIGHTS..."FIRST I WOILD LIKE TO THANK BABY JESUS" FOR THIS BLACK BEAR I SHOT ALONG WITH PIZZA HUT AND PEPSI AND OFCOURSE MY NEW BOW MADNESS BOW..BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY BOW..."MY NEW PSE" THAT COULD HAVE PULLED OFF THIS 15 YARD SHOT WHICH I THINK I 1 LUNGED SO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT DIE AND COME BACK TOMORROW.WITH MY NEW PSE BOW MADNESS BOW AND RAGE BROADHEADS..AND DID I THANK BABY JESUS AND MAXI PADS YET? [rofl][rofl] [rofl][rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I was told by the N/L boys that each episode, time slot or something costs roughly $80k; someone has to pay for this. Someone has to pay for the trips (because they are not all getting free trips to these outfitters).

I agree, it can get a little over-kill with the sponsorship plugs, but, sponsors demand a certain number of "mentions" or plugs in each episode. There are strict requirements of the actual hosts.

If they didnt mention sponsors, we would either not ever see these shows, or, they would be hunting the same farm, from the same stand, every show. They have to cover the over-head associated with travel and such.

I just look past it and watch for the entertainment. I'm a huge fan of Drury Outdoors and I have first hand experience with sponsors, I've seen what they send to guys hunting for them; when my friends receive BOXES and BOXES of free or discounted(mostly discounted, NOT free) items, they'd better be thanking someone.

As 'WithmyGunnar' said
No money...no show!
I'll deal with the plugs. Or, we could just have no commercial product endorsement which will mean no shows, which will mean hunting gets little to no mainstream exposure, and, dies a slow and painful death.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
That is why I use my DVR, FWD right thru the plugs.

Sponsorship is nothing new, plenty of commercials during the SuperBowl.

TV hunting shows as a whole are a bit over the top.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I like the Drury Bros. they been at it a long time. The marketing/advertising has become overkill but that is the way they get paid.. Also, the marketing they do on these shows is EXTREMLEY powerful![eek]
I had a guy come into my shop once and he spent 10min. telling me that I NEEDED to shoot Rage broadheads because "Lee and Tiffany and all the other TV guys shoot them" He was serious and convinced that it was an absolute necessity! I didnt have the heart to tell him I still use the Zwickeys along with Magnus heads...[hihi]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts