New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been to Allaire in over ten years, since I moved 25 miles west. When I lived in Wall, it was one of my favorite spots, along with Turkey Swamp.

I had forgotten just how thick the laurels were in that woods. I jumped a nice buck with long tines.

It almost felt like it was only last week since I had been there. Lot of the same runs. I saw some nice fresh scrapes. Man the rut is getting up steam. I'm gonna have to spring for a 51 permit, bowhunting only there is icing on the cake.

Anyone who doesn't have private land and is looking for some good hunting should try it out. There's no vehicle access, so it's all leg work, but that, plus bowhunting only, make it sweet. It's tough hunting, and he who has sitting patience, puts the odds in his favor. Don't let the mountain bikes and horsebackers get to you. If they get on your nerves, get off the trails and into the thickets.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the NJ typical state record came from a deer that lived in Allaire and was shot on a property next to it. Scott Borden shot it - 192 net - and was 3 1/2 years old

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hey swiper, i hunt by myself and am looking for someone to hunt with. i would have to see if i can grab a permit from there.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw a flock of hens by one of the rangers houses on my way to my parking spot. Funny you mentioned that cause the first thing I thought was "bowhunting" for gobblers, but then I remembered Allaire is deer hunting only, so unless something changes, they're safe.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lived there till 96 on Belmar Blvd. and Madison, my sister still lives there. I got sick of the overcrowded building. The last straw was when they tore the two pieces of woods down, that was behind my house. They put up about twenty five homes. The noise and the wind that those woods buffered coming from Rt. 18, really was annoying.
I still get to see the destuction of what was a nice area when I visit my sister and girlfriend, but Millstone, where I live now is still really rural. I'll probably head out of NJ within a few years, it's not a retirement friendly place.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'll do an Allaire hunt.

I have next friday off - if anyone wants to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts