New Jersey Hunters banner

Check these arrows out!!

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  GunnyFern 
#1 ·
I am thinking about trying these arrows out for next year. I talked to my archery guy and he said the are better than the full carbon. The outer alloy layer prevents splintering, which was a problems I was having with the regular axis this past season. I might try out half a dozen, since he told me they are gonna be around $120-$150 a dozen!!! Axis full metal jacket!!

#8 ·
I am too cheap to even by regular carbon arrows.

I do just fine with XX75 aluminum. My bow shoots 2114s at 222FPS and 2117s at 218FPS. My arrows are 2" longer than need be. If I shorten I probably get a few mor FPS. How fast do I need my arrows to go? Ten-fifteen years ago it was a big deal to shoot 180 FPS, yet people were killing plenty of deer.

#17 ·
Are you into serious 3D competitions?

Do you shoot spots for money?

Hell the tolerances on these arrows arent even that great for the money. Pick up some Beman ICS Camo Hunters, or Gold Tip XT hunters...Same tolerances for about half the price. [up] Guaranteed just as durable as those expensive inside out ACCs. And they wont bend....

#19 ·
Do you mean Blazer vanes?

Im assuming you do.

Ive never tried the blazer vanes myself, but Ive heard good things about them.

They are a stiff/high profile, short plastic vane that supposedly steer broadheads very well.

Im assuming fletching clearance would be pretty important with a vane such as the blazer vane. The use of a drop away rest is probably best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.