New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's the fields up in Sussex still icy?
nah, starting to melt in some spots. it's pretty wet though. are you done deer hunting up there?

the river that goes through our club and bobm's club is pretty high. a little more rain and it would have been over the bank.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Max,

congrats on the new gun[up]

i new about it last week. i'm glad i didn't run into you because i have never been known to keep secrets:p did you sight it in yet? putting a scope on it?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Frank, nice birds. Ground does look a bit muddy from that picture.

Jim are you a member of the same club that Frank is?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
haha nice..yea i shot i today..the first few shots werent even on paper then i got it shootin pretty good but its still low at 50 ayrds..gonna prob put a scope on it this week..just gotta keep my shopts under 50 yards before i get the scope...

max

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like you had another good day in the field
thanks njhunter. it was a lot of fun. my 2 springers did a great job. my older dog is a joy to watch. after 2 hours he's shot though. the younger dog caught fire when the old boy cramped up.

we also missed a gang of birds. we probably should have taken home around 15 - 17 birds if you throw out the long shots where we couldn't keep up with the dogs. when those pheasants start running there's no way to catch up.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
TEAM 1= 55PTS (2ND PLACE)
TEAM 2= 59PTS (3RD PLACE)
TEAM 3= 144PTS (1ST PLACE BY ALOT)
I hate to tell you Mack. 55 is less than 59. We are in 3rd place now.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Hopefully I can get in on this next year. If eljafe gets in maybe he can go with me and we can have our own team.Looks like a lot of fun you guys are having.I got in late and didn't know any one.[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Hopefully I can get in on this next year
Next year it will be a bigger contest. Hopefully a little more fair. 2 teams have people in clubs. The one I am on has no club members.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.