New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TAKE PIX OF YOUR QUARRY TO GET POINTS FOR YOUR TEAM...

TEAM 1= 40PTS (2ND PLACE)
TEAM 2= 26PTS (3RD PLACE)
TEAM 3= 78PTS (1ST PLACE BY ALOT)

·
Registered
7,283 Posts

Now they're in the right spot. Thanks mack.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TEAM 1= 40PTS (2ND PLACE)
TEAM 2= 26PTS (3RD PLACE)
TEAM 3= 84PTS (1ST PLACE BY ALOT)

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
mystic,
I just have a lot of time off right now. After the 1st of the year it's back to work 4 days a week.[down]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I went to the muzzleloader range today and got there around 10. Brought the shotgun in case I saw a bird. Heading back I pull off to the side of the road just before the DPW yard and she goes, "what's wrong?" Nothing, I saw a [no swearing please] bird. Where she asks? She watched as I walked up along the road towards were he was. He had disappeared, but I didn't see him fly. I get to where he was and I see a drainage pipe. Thought to myself, "crap, he went into the pipe. I relax and turn to head towards the car. Up he goes. I rush the shot and missed twice. I get make to the car. Hey I saw him. Did you I replied. Then you saw me miss too. Talking about embarassing.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont worry about it...youve been providing for the team...i wonder how carlo did...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
mpem24,
Hey, it happens. Get 'um next time.

I got my second bird about 8:30. I went back to the car and had the dogs away and was getting ready to get in and leave. When all of a sudden out of the gr [no swearing please] in the field across from my car comes a rooster. He proceeds to start trotting down the cut gr [no swearing please] area. All the way down the length of the field. Not a hunter around. :D I got my binocs out and watched him all the way to the end where he ducked back into the field. LMAO because as he ducks in the field a guy comes around the corner from another field with his dog. The guy walks up the opposite side of the field from the pheasant with the dog running back and forth in the field. Pheasant must have hunkered down because the guy kept walking all the way up the field without putting the bird up.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Did you see the guys mowing the fields today? Did he scare any up for guys?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my brother got one today that he shot and it ran for 20 minutes til someone with a dog helped him out. he gets back to the car puts the bird on the ground (forgot to ring the neck) and the thing started running away. it got about 15 feet then my brothers girlfriend grabbed it before it could get any farther...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I heard him but I was across the street. I hunted over there after he went through. That's where I got my second bird.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I thought about looking for you, but my wife was with me and we had to head back home.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I was there. Not a lot of shooting today. I know they reduced the number of birds after T'giving but there wasn't much shooting at all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I went to Collier's mills this morning and got me a nice [no swearing please] bird, but i forgot to take a picture of it before i cleaned it! doh!

I also saw a hen on the ground and ran after it for about 25 yards before it started flying, only to miss the shot [smirk]. I had a good old time today!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, do you still have the carcass? just because you gutted it doesnt mean it doesnt count...the missing meat doesnt change anything...

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you still have the body, you can take a picture of that...do you still have the body or did you leave the body in the woods?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are you going saturday carlo? im definatly hunting all day til about 2 or 3 oclock...(depending on the weather)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah im going saturday! i havent decided where yet. I have a much better track record at colliers mills than i do manasquan.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.