New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAKE PIX OF YOUR QUARRY SO YOUR TEAM CAN GET SOME POINTS.

TEAM 1= 28PTS (2ND PLACE)
TEAM 2= 8PTS (3RD PLACE)
TEAM 3= 40PTS (1ST PLACE)

-ILL BE OUT TOMOROW CHASING RINGNECKS...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Well it had to happen sooner of later. I got skunked today. My brother picked up 1 hen. I had one get out of the corn WAAAAAAAYYYYY out in front of us. OK, it wasn't that far but it was out there. I thought since I was taking the 12 ga. for a walk and had a Full choke barrel and #4's I could knock her down. Well maybe I could, but didn't.

Too wet, rainy and cold to go back out today. So zippo on the pts for today. [sad]

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

another good day guys! morning started out slow...must heard only 10 shot and that was it...walked and walked then at about 10:30 am, my dad shot a hen...we hunted until 11:30 then got some lunch...my dad was tired so we sat in the car for a half hour and fell asleep...at 12:00 we started hunting again...at 2:00 i was walking along a hedgerow and a rooster goes up it flies over to a road..then with 30 seconds another [no swearing please] bird goes up...wham! nailed it...about 10 minutes later, i see two hens...once again on flies toward the road and i shoot the other one that went up...came home at about 2:30....

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Nice job mack. We didn't hear much shooting in the area we were in either. We left early when the rain started falling heavier.
1st day I've been skunked this season.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there wasnt much action in the morning but in the afternoon, there were birds all over the hedgerow....im gonna try to stay late like today from now on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts